I Think I'm an Adult?
If there is anything I have learned from growing up, and being technically considered an "adult", it's this: I constantly feel like I have no clue what I'm doing.
I really think that's what adulthood boils down to at the end of the day. Life is a learning experience, so it makes sense that I always feel like I'm following Swedish Ikea instructions to build the very simple coffee table that is my life. I don't really understand the instructions; I'm attempting to do things by only seeing a not so detailed illustration of the desired end product; and I don't have all the pieces.
For once, I think I might kind of have an idea of what the eff is going on. I know exactly what I need to do at my job, and I recently applied for a writing position with a niche online publication called Monkeys Fighting Robots. For those of you who are unfamiliar with this site, it's basically nerd Buzzfeed. The articles mostly focus on comic books , and their TV/Movie adaptations. Also-a little out of the mix, but very welcome-and entire section on craft beer...which I'm alllll about. I invite you all to check it out and get familiar with the site. I'll be posting two articles a week, so you can find me in multiple places at once-which is my ultimate goal.
The fact that I've filled out two work related tax forms in the last two months makes me feel extremely adult. Thinking about the fact that I'll be writing articles on craft beer and comic book spin offs-not so much. Hey, let's face it though, the most adult thing in life is pursuing your passions.
Here are some upcoming articles I'll be writing, just to get ya'll excited.
- Craft Beer for People Who Don't Like Beer
- When Brews Collide: The Coffee Beer Craze
- Craft Beer in the Boonies
- because I live in like the world's smallest town, I wanted to write an article about how the breweries that have popped up here in the last year plan to educate small town people about craft beer; how their business is doing; and what their plans are for the future.
- Best Cancelled Programs that Need to be Brought Back
- #SixSeasonsAndAMovie: Will We Get a "Community" Movie
- Cartoons that Need Live Action Reboots
- How "Justice League Unlimited" Made Me the Person I am Today
- If Frank Underwood Ran in the 2017 Election
- Movies to Watch When You Want to Ugly Cry
- Songs that Need to be on the "Guardians of the Galaxy 2" Soundtrack
- Harley Quinn: How Margot Robbie Channeled the Crazy Girlfriend in all of Us
- Playing DC Universe Online Changed My Life
- If Stan Lee's Cameo Characters Had Spin-Off's